Smartphone Controlled RoboRoach
- REVOLUTIONARY: The world’s first commercially available cyborg!
- INTRODUCTION TO ADVANCED NEUROSCIENCE: Perform your own advanced neural interface surgery to remotely control the movement of a cockroach from your phone or tablet
- PERFORM MULTIPLE EXPERIMENTS: Includes reusable Bluetooth LTE enabled backpack, small battery, and easy to make electrodes for 3 RoboRoaches
- FREE ONLINE RESOURCES: Experiments and Surgery instructions available for free online
- Cockroach Not Included, available for purchase online
Create and control a cyborg!
Are you a teacher or parent that wants to teach a student about advanced neurotechnologies? You are in luck! The RoboRoach is the world’s first commercially available cyborg. With our RoboRoach you can wirelessly control the left/right movement of a cockroach by microstimulation of the nerves in their antennae.
Stimulating educational possibilities
The RoboRoach is a great way to learn about neural microstimulation, sensory and neural adaptation, and electronics. The RoboRoach backpack weighs very little even with the battery, and each battery will last over a month. Following a brief surgery you perform on the cockroach attaching the silver electrodes to the antenna, you can put the backpack on the roach and control its movement for a few minutes before the cockroach adapts temporarily. When you return the cockroach to its cage for ~20 minutes, it "forgets", and the stimulation works again.
Just add roaches
Once you receive your RoboRoach in the mail, follow our online surgery instructions and videos and you will soon be on your way to joining the ranks of experts in neural interfaces. Afterwards, you can clip the wires and retire the cockroach to your breeder colony to spend the rest of its days making more cockroaches for you and eating your lettuce.